Friday, May 30, 2014

CAS-ual Fridays CFC132 Challenge

And I'm back with another CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

This one is a good one


The challenge is to make a masculine card with a catch:  use ribbon and no kraft.  And keep it CAS, of course.  Here is what I came up with


For this card the different grid papers are from a Simple Stories Sn@p mini deck.  The Dream Big is a patterned paper cutout from Studio Calico Darling Dear patterned paper.  The tag was made with the super awesome Funky Square Tag Fri Die from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.  I love the idea of a square tag with the inset, and the frame adds some stability.  And then the ribbon.  I'm not the ribbon hoarder that I used to be, but I found some twill and grey grosgrain ribbon and added some stitching and a brad to hold it all together.

The challenge runs from May 30 - June 20.  You can link up here at the CAS-ual Fridays blog.

4 comments:

Jingle said...

I love this card! SO very cute!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so cool! I LOVE the medallion you created and the stitching/ribbon is perfect!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card Laura! Love the smidge of ribbon and stitching!

Barbara Derksen said...

Hi Laura,

Your card is a nice, the medallion is what the eye focuses on right away but I appreciate the effort you went through to sew a bit. Hand sewn touches are always nice.

Blessings, Barb