Friday, May 23, 2014

A Kick Off to Summer Blog Hop

Hello!

Today I am participating in the "Kick Off to Summer" Blog Hop with Technique Tuesday and Cardmaker Magazine.

I made a summery card featuring one of my all time favorite stamp sets


Petal Power is a "from the vault" stamp set that Technique Tuesday sold in a few different sizes several years ago and recently re-released.  I stamped a whole bunch of petals on patterned papers from Studio Calico's Lemon Lush, then cut them out and pieced together this layered flower.


There is a layer of dimensional adhesive under the flower which gives it a little space to bend and curl the petals.  And the sentiment is from the I Like You stamp set.

There are a few more stops, so get a fresh cup of coffee and enjoy!

Cardmaker

Laura O'Donnell (you are here)

Kathy Martin

Daniela Dobson

Kristine Reynolds

Tobi Crawford

Sabrina Alery

Ashley Harris

Summer Fullerton

Vera Yates

Jaclyn Miller

Jeanne Streiff

Tanis Geisbrecht

Kristie Hartfeil

Mendi Yokishowa

Technique Tuesday

Thanks for stopping by!


23 comments:

Mendi said...

What a fun card! Love all the layers you added. It looks awesome stamped on all the different patterned papers! :)

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love that paper flower!

Carolina Kathy said...

Very lovely card!

Carolina Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miriam Prantner said...

What a gorgeous flower you created! I love it!

Vickie said...

I absolutely love this flower. It's AWESOME.

WhoMom said...

How did you know my coffee was cold after making six of the last card? I don't have this set so after warming my coffee I'll have to see what I have similar to it. Your card is beautiful.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Laura, this is gorgeous! I love the colors, everything!!

The Craft Princess said...

What an awesome way to make a flower! Cool idea :)

Annette Allen said...

wow this flower is amazing.. this is one of my most favorites.. love it

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card! Love the colors! Great set... and I am happy that I have it!

Gabby said...

Great card1 Love the newsprint bkgrd and how you carried it over into your flower. :)

Pam Young said...

Love, love, love your card! Fantastic colors and layering!!

Sabrina said...

What a cute and beautiful card!!

Linda T said...

The flower is just so beautiful! Love it.

Celeste Goff said...

OMG, I love, love, love that beautiful stamped and paper pieced flower as the focal image!

Valentina said...

Fantastic!!

Valentina said...

Fantastic!!

Ruth G said...

Wonderful card! I love those different color petals and how you elevated the flower so they could bend a little! Gotta pin this! TFS!

Heather Thompson said...

I love that cards. That is just so neat.

Judy said...

Great flower! Love all the different colors, so unique.

Marlena M. said...

I have this set~the big one~I love this idea~!

Greta said...

LOVE this card! Gonna have to CASE this--thanks for the inspiration!