Monday, February 24, 2014
I am so excited about this! CAS-ual Fridays has been my favorite challenge blog since it opened up. I'm really looking forward to being a part of such a talented group!
Here is the announcement on the CAS-ual Fridays website, and now I have a few questions to answer :)
1. How long have you been a cardmaker, and how were you first introduced to it?
I started making cards shortly after I started scrapbooking 10 years ago. Back then there was a magazine called Memory Makers. They ran a weekend event, Camp Memory Makers, which came to Valley Forge and I attended. In one of the classes the instructor had us make a layout and a card. She explained that since you've got the "stuff" out when you're scrapping, the paper is cut and it all coordinates, why not go ahead and make a card? I thought this was a great idea. But what about the sentiments? I'll just buy some stamps with Thank You, Happy Birthday, and some black ink. That's all I need. Hah!
2. What color are your toenails painted right now?
I had to go ahead and paint them when I saw this question. They are now painted Essie Big Spender, described as a divine lush red-violet cream.
3. If your family locked up your crafty supplies for an entire month, what would you do instead?
Aah! First I'd lock up something they liked. Then I'd probably clean and purge. Go through closets, clean out the garage, weed out old toys, stuff like that. I also like to cook so I'd probably try a bunch of recipes. My daughter and I are trying to teach ourselves to knit from youtube videos so I could work on that some more. I could find ways to pass the month but it would be tough!
4. Favorite thing to order at Starbucks:
I love coffee but at Starbucks I order the Green Tea Latte or Peppermint Mocha from the holiday menu.
5. You've reached your destination but just as you are turning your car off, a song comes on the radio and you are sooo happy to hear it that you sit in your car until it's over(singing along is optional *wink*). Name that song:
There are a lot of songs to keep me singing in the car, but the first thing I thought of since I'm an 80's girls Every Little Thing She Does is Magic by the Police, or really any song by the Police They broke up way before their time :(
Anyway, thanks for visiting! There are some prizes being drawn from comments so be sure to leave one. I'm really looking forward to being a part of this team!