Sunday, November 3, 2013

Digital Scapbooking Day


This might be the best weekend of the year.  We turn the clocks back and it's also DSD a/k/a Digital Scrapbooking Day!  There are sales, freebies, challenges, and all sorts of fun stuff going on in digi land this weekend.  I got a chance to participate in Speed Scrap yesterday at Pixels and Co and the layout above is what I came up with.  I was having some trouble following the instructions.  There was supposed to be a thin strip of patterned paper down the left side.  I kept trying paper after paper and wasn't happy with any of them so I decided to "hide" the strip and work on the rest.  Once I got rid of the strip... loved it!

Here are a few more pages I've done recently that I haven't shared on the blog yet


When I waitressed in college I remember the first time someone ordered iced coffee.  I was told to fill a glass with ice, then pour in hot coffee from the coffee pot, then keep adding ice.  I like coffee but this just seemed like it would be so watered down.  Why bother?  This summer I read an article about "authentic" iced coffee which is made like sun tea, letting the grinds steep in cold water for several hours.  I tried it, and it's so good!  It's strong and has no bitterness that can come from hot water brewing.  So I had to scrap it.


This one was for a challenge to use a photo as a background.  Believe it or not, this is a phone photo!


And this record player, which she calls a "vinyl player", was a favorite present from my daughter's 14th birthday.


For this one I used a layered template called Lots To Say which gives room for a lot of journaling and as you can see I had a long story to tell of a crazy day of travel softball.

Thanks for hanging in there with me for a long, layout filled post!

Supply Lists:  6 Park Pics, Iced Coffee, Summer Vacation, For the Record, Travel Ball




6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow very cool digital scrapbooking.. it almost looks like real paper scrapbooking.. love it

S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Kingsford said...

I love these pages Laura TFS! I hope you have a great weekend and Happy DSD to you too!

Barbara said...

Cute pages Laura! I did the challenge too (although after everyone else did since I wasn't around). I love it. Your page is so adorable. I like how you tilted the photos.
I've never had iced coffee. I just might give it a try!

Cath said...

What great layouts, Laura! You are such a talent!

I wanted to stop by and thank you for the sweet comment you left on my final Moxie Fab World blog post. I had such an incredibly good time in the Moxie Fab World, and I'm *so glad* I have had so many opportunities to get to know you and your incredible paper crafty skills so well! Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

Courtney said...

love all of these layouts!! especially all the photos on the first one!