Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Guesting for Hip 2 B Square!


Hi everyone.

I'm excited to be guesting for the Hip 2 B Square scrapbooking kit!  Hip 2 B Square is a monthly kit that you can either subscribe to or purchase individually.  I'm a big fan of these kits.  They are packed with stuff!  They come with American Crafts cardstock which cuts great in the Silhouette.  And no stamps.  Yes, I love stamps, but I already have a lot of stamps and when I'm buying a kit I'd rather be getting the new, trendy products that are going to get used up vs more stamps.

So here are the kits I got to work with


April/May Main kit


April/May Embellishment Add On



And here are the first few things I made


There is a die cut pack from Crate Paper The Pier in the main kit that is so wonderful.  Everyone is talking about it and they're not overestimating how awesome it is.  I've used almost every bit of it!


And then I got misty/masky with the Color Add On kit.  For the 2 step mask I sprayed the circle heart with the mist, then I dipped a paintbrush in the mist to paint the inside of the heart.


For this layout I used a sketch from April 2013 Pagemaps.  I just love the Thickers, and die cuts, and veneers, and washi.  The main kit has 2 rolls of thin washi from Pebbles.  I didn't know I needed thin washi but I did!

So that's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a great kit and your cards and layout are amazing.. congrats on guest designing..

C Wu said...

fabulous projects to showcase the kit.

Miriam Prantner said...

Congratulations on your guest spot! What great kits/add ons and I love what you made!

Anonymous said...

These are great, Laura! Congrats on the guest gig!

Teri