Saturday, May 4, 2013

It's National Scrapbooking Day!

And with the exception of World Cardmaking Day, one of my favorite days of the year!

Technique Tuesday is hosting a challenge at Scrapbook.com to stamp on a scrapbook page.  You can use any stamps you want, they don't have to be made by Technique Tuesday.

Here is a layout I made for the challenge


This photo is an Instagram that I thought I'd include in my Project Life album but then when I looked at my photos for that week it didn't make the cut.  I still liked it so it got its own page.

The stamps used are It's a Date, In Stitches, and Seasons.  For the Celebrate Spring I used Memento Lilac Posies dye ink and then to juice it up a bit I stamped overtop of the dye ink stamped image with Versamark and then clear embossed it.

Then the rest of the supplies are a mix of old and new.  That's why we have stashes!  The ombre paper from Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm and the Heidi Swapp Mint Green Color Shine are fairly new.  The journaling cards from Echo Park Everyday Eclectic are from last summer.  The flair, tin pin, arrow, and doily came in Studio Calico kits from last year.  And the yellow labels are also from Studio Calico and way old.  The page size is 9" x 9" (thought I'd add this, if things are looking out of proportion).

I hope everyone has a great NSD and gets some time to scrap and shop the great sales that are going on this weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Annette said...

woohoo.. Happy national Scrapbook Day.. this layout is GORGEOUS.. i love that picture and the awesome colors.. great job..

Miriam Prantner said...

Great layout! Love that doily and layering and the jewel tones!