Monday, May 6, 2013

Glitter Love


Hi everyone.  Just a quick share today of (another) pub reject to the Supply Savvy idea book call.  I submitted this tag to the Glitter category.  It's pretty simple, made with Technique Tuesday's All My Love stamp set and Candy Apple Red Iridescent Glitter from this pack sold by Martha Stewart Crafts


These glitters I've used so many times and really gotten my money's worth from the pack.  What's great about iridescent glitter is that it is semi transparent.  You can still see the stamping or patterned paper or whatever you've got underneath.  So for the tag above I stamped the heart in black ink on another manilla shipping tag, then gave it a quick paint with Mod Podge to act as adhesive and sprinkled the glitter overtop.  The Mod Podge only takes a few minutes to dry and then you can cut it out.

Here is one of my favorite cards ever made with iridescent glitter from the Martha Stewart pack


I made this a few years ago using some digital leaf stamps that are now retired.  I printed them in black ink on white cardstock and then did the same thing with the Mod Podge and iridescent glitters to coat the leaves.  The sentiment is from one of the first ever Technique Tuesday Studio AE stamp sets.

Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun tag! I love glitter, I just don't love the mess! Although the mess has not yet prevented me from using it!

Annette said...

Loving all the glitter... such a cut tag and gorgeous card.. I love how you stamped the leaves.. really pretty..

Linda Beeson said...

The glitter on that pretty red heart is just right!