Sunday, April 28, 2013

Nothing is better...


Hi everyone.

Today I'm sharing a recent submission that didn't get picked up.  I made this for Paper Crafts Supply Savvy and submitted it to the ink category.  This is my favorite technique using Ranger Distress inks, where you flick water on it and it resists the water, making the little droplets.  For this background I used the foam blending tool and sponged Tumbled Glass and Broken China on white cardstock, then did the water flicks to try to get the look of rain for this springy card.  The cherry blossoms and birds are from Martha Stewart Crafts and the sentiment is from Technique Tuesday's So Very Thankful stamp set.

I did 6 submissions for Supply Savvy and got 1 picked up (yay!) which I'm very happy about considering we got that extra week's extension.  I don't know what the final numbers were but I'm sure there were a ton of submissions.  Can't wait to see the issue!

8 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

I love that card!!! Congrats on the pub. I didn't have time to make anything. Maybe next time.

~amy~ said...

Wow...this is fabulous...I've really got to jump on the distress inks wagon...such a neat technique....love your card and congrats!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a cute card! Love that technique for the background and the birdies are just so cute! And yay for a card getting picked up....I got one too, maybe we will be page buddies!

claudia shadler said...

I don't know why it didn't get picked up, what a gorgeous card, luv luv the blue background!

C :)

Annette said...

woohoo congrats on getting one.. that is awesome and this card is stunning.. you have such a great style..so inspiring..

Linda Beeson said...

Your blue background is so perfect!

Ruth G said...

The birds are so sweet and the background looks fantastic!
Congrats on having a card Supply Savvy! I can't wait to see what got picked!

Laura Williams said...

This is such a pretty card!!!! I love it! :)