Friday, March 29, 2013

out of retirement...



As a part of Technique Tuesday's 10 year anniversary they are re-releasing a few old favorites.  This one, Petal Power, has been redesigned to be a little bit smaller and more card friendly (I think I had 3 different sizes of the original Petal Power, the biggest one would span the length of a scrapbook page!)

So the rule of thumb for creating this type of flower is to estimate how many petals you'll need, then add 20 more.  Hah!  No actually I think there are 24 petals here, but they're easy to stamp and easy to cut out.  I used 5 different shades of Hero Arts Mid Tone inks and tried not to over think which petal would get which color.  Underneath the first layer is a 1" square of foam tape, to give it a little lift so that I could add some curve to the petals.

Here is the new version of Petal Power


I also wanted to mention that I'm in the middle of a blog makeover.  But don't look!  Right now its looking worse before it hopefully starts looking better.  And I can't get my widgets to work.  Boo!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.


7 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

This looks great! Loving all those petals!

terisplace said...

Love this box!
I feel like we should start TT Anonymous. I think I had all of them, too!

Jocelyn said...

I rather like the blog header. :) The petals look amazing! I know they're large (and make an even larger flower), and it looks fantastic!!

Lorell said...

That is a cool stamp set...I may have to get that set...8-). What a cute box you created...you do such amazing hybrid projects!

~amy~ said...

Super Love!!

MichelleZ said...

I love that flower! Awesome!

nfl jerseys free shipping said...

What a terrific layout! Like this special giftbox.