Saturday, March 9, 2013

90 Minute Scramble


This afternoon I participated in my first 90 Minute Scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr Group.  I've wanted to do one of these for so long, and today I actually was home and remembered it.  They announce the challenge right when it starts, and today's was Embossing, either wet or dry.

I used Hero Arts 4 Fun Flowers, which is a set I bought awhile ago thinking they'd look great heat embossed because there is so much solid space, but then I never inked them up.


The 2 small flowers are embossed with American Crafts Zing and for the plum one I used some Recollections EP from Michaels which I recently found on clearance and its not as nice as the Zing.  Don't waste your money!  For the background I used the Tiny Ink Spots wood block stamp and the sentiment is from Heyday.

So this was fun, to do a technique and make quick decisions and use some stamps that hadn't seen any ink.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

So fun Laura! LOVE those flowers!

Annette said...

totally gorgeous.. Looks like rain behind the flowers... so cool...

claudia shadler said...

lovely!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is such a sweet card, I love the colors and the embossing on the flowers. Great job!

Courtney K said...

love that background - i think i might need to go buy that stamp!

Leni said...

Lovely card, Laura!

Sandi said...

Very pretty card!

Emily Leiphart said...

Awesome card! I love this. Fab combo of stamps and colour!

Alice Wertz said...

in 90 minutes? amazing! love the color combo. super card, Laura!