Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Tags, a layout, and some enabling :)


Hi everyone.

Today I've got a few things to share made with some digital kits that were released yesterday at 2Peas.


For this set of tags I used papers and labels from February Pea Soup, which is a collection of small kits that the digital designers put together based on one color scheme.  I love the colors they used for February!


I added some glitter stickers and doilies from Martha Stewart Crafts.  For the crown I used a Sizzix Tim Holtz die.  The arrow and crown heart die cuts are from Paislee Press.


And for this one I cut the heart from corrugated cardstock with the Sizzix Tim Holtz Hearts Movers and Shakers die.  The felt heart is from Michaels.

And here is a digital page made with the Be Mine kit.


The camera on my new iphone is just so much nicer than my old phone.  Look at my little cherub!

OK, now for the enabling :)

I've been hearing about these great deals at Michaels with clearance items marked an additional 90% off.  So I went to Michaels and had to really wander around the store to find where they had put the clearance.  I finally found it and pfft, all picked over.  Nothing good.  But, as I was wandering I went through the yarn section.  I don't knit so I'm never over there.  And I found these





They're cotton hemp.  They're really soft and pretty, and marked down to 3.49 from 5.00 each.


They're thicker than bakers twine, but not too thick for cards or packaging.

So I got my tags back out and tied a nice bow.  I'm not sure which I like more, the bakers twine or the hemp, but these will definitely get used.


Anyway, just thought I'd share.  These may be old news, but they were pretty exciting to me!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love your tags...AND such a cutie pie layout.

You know how I love tags....I tired to buy things at M's and couldn't find anything:(

Alice Wertz said...

i am asoooo in love with your tags, Laura!! beautiful details and those colors are yummy indeed! your boy looks so cute in the photo! lovely layout, too! MUST GO TO MICHAELS!!! have to look for those yarns!!!