Wednesday, February 27, 2013

feel better soon



Hi everyone.

Today I've got a hybrid card made with some Hero Arts digitals.  The sentiment is from Instant Messenging, which was a new release last week and contains a great mix of sentiments that you could use for any type of card or occasion.  The sleeping cat is from an older kit that I'd never used before, The Whimsical Cat.  I did the paper piecing with some patterned papers from Crate Paper's Random collection.  These papers came out awhile ago, and then were re-released last summer and sold at Michaels under the name American Crafts.  I used them a bunch when I first got them and still have some left over and the fancy floral seemed perfect for the cat to take his nap on :)

To do the digital paper piecing I sized my canvas at 6" x 4"  keeping in mind that I'd be trimming 3/4" off of the long side of the pink woodgrain for it to fit on the card front.  Then I used the photo tray to print on the 3 different papers and cut and pieced it together.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

this is so cute!

Annette said...

what a cutie.

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so cute! Great piecing and I love that pink woodgrain paper!