Sunday, February 10, 2013

February Studio AE From Technique Tuesday Blog Hop

Hello, and welcome to my stop on the Studio AE Blog Hop.

Today we're sharing projects made with February 2013's stamp set, Super Fantastic


So many great sentiments here!  I love the mix of handwriting and type, and of course the arrow brackets (is that what they're called?)

Here is a layout I made with the stamps



This is a 9" x 9" page.  An odd size, I know!  I have a 9" x 9" album from Making Memories.  I got it several years ago.  Its just sitting on the shelf with the rest of my albums and the other day I took a look and there were only 2 layouts in it.  I really lost interest in this page size quickly!  So I thought why not make some more 9x9's and try to fill up the book?

This picture was taken a few weeks ago at one of my daughter's indoor field hockey tournaments.  She was on a break in between games and one of the coaches offered to take our picture.  Simultaneously I said "yes!" and my husband said "no!" and she listened to me and took the picture.  I was so happy to get a picture of the 4 of us at an event like this that is taking up so much of our time on the weekends these days.  

Besides the February stamps I used a Technique Tuesday Story Card and stamps from the In Stitches stamp set.

There are a few more stops on the hop:

Kim Garner (February's guest)






Laura (you are here)



We're giving away a $25 GC to the Technique Tuesday store.  The winner will be chosen by random draw from the comments left during the hop.  Winners will be announced 2/15 on the Technique Tuesday blog.


Supplies:  Technique Tuesday Super Fantastic and In Stitches clear stamp sets; Technique Tuesday Story Card; Jillibean Soup and Studio Calico patterned papers; Studio Calico wood veneer arrow and mistable camera; Studio Calico Audrey Mister Huey; American Crafts/Amy Tan vellum heart; Hello Forever badge (thanks, Clouds!); JBS Mercantile and American Crafts alpha stickers; Pixels and Company printable labels; Bazzill cardstock




69 comments:

~amy~ said...

9x9....looks great! I always love seeing stamping on layouts...this is fabulous.

susy said...

Love it

Sandra said...

sometimes the smaller pages are easier I find - 9x9 seems like a good size - fun page!
Sandra ltb

Michelle7259 said...

Love the use of arrows on your page.

Melissa said...

Very cute lo! Sometimes its fun to use a totally different size!

Cynthia B. said...

Well I'm glad the photographer listened to you! So hard to get good pics when your family is always on the go. Thanks for showing off this new set. I hope you're able to fill out your album with more fun pages like this. :)

Ashley Harris said...

What a great LO! Love this Laura!

quiltindiva said...

Im glad the coach listened lol. This is a great LO.

Rossana said...

great layout!!

Penny L. said...

the rich colors in this layout really "pop" and engage you immediately! very nice!

Janet said...

Very nice LO! God bless!

Margie said...

Love your papers, and that little camera is fabulous!

Yvonne Morentin said...

awesome creation... just love the colors...

morentin1326ATaolDOTcom
adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

Cindy - FL said...

Great layout and even better photo! I always try to take pictures of family at my grandsons football or soccer games. Don't tell him, but I like those more than the photos of him making a great play! (well, kind of)

Lea L. said...

This is a super cute layout!! Great job!

lohersh said...

Love your layout! thanks!

Cat Craig said...

fun layout, sweet and smileworthy!

terisplace said...

This = pretty dang awesome!
And am totally giggling over your journaling! :)

Teri

Louanne said...

like the way you used this month's stamp set - very cute!

Sue D said...

Cute photo and layout!

{VICKI} said...

great layout

Ginny said...

Nice layout. I like the way you used the stamps.

greggers said...

Adore your LO. Nice use of colors and stamping. TFS

Kim said...

Love the story about this picture.....the stamp sentiment you used is absolutely perfect! Pictures of our family all together are hard to come by, and the spontaneity of the photo is priceless! Happy to 'hop' with you this month.

cutiephinphin said...

Lovely picture and cute layout. Love how you used the stamp. Thanks for sharing.

connie said...

love the LO..never did a 9 x 9 LO.

justasiam said...

I really enjoyed how you used the stamp set. It has given me some ideas for my own cards and layouts!

blupixy said...

What a great layout! I think changing up the size that you scrap, makes some great layouts. Thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

Great layout and great set of stamps!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I always love your layouts - no matter what size:)

Super cute page.

Mary-Anne V said...

Fun layout...love the overall design.

Pam said...

The word stamp is perfect for your LO!!

cassie said...

I did my sons first year in a making memories 9x9 album. I actually like that size a lot.

I love your layout!

Miss Kathy said...

Love these word stamps, every layout has been great. So many great ideas in this blog hop.

craftymom205 said...

Great layout.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Miriam Prantner said...

Yay for getting the photo! It is NEVER easy to corral everyone, and so glad you scrapped it!

mariangel said...

cute and sweet layout

Terria said...

such a fun layout love it tfs!

Lucy Newton said...

What a super cool lo!!!

calamity jane said...

This is a really great layout (and great photo too!!!.) I made an album for my best friend that was 9x9. I found it to be a strange size since you have to cut up 12 x 12s or piece together papers. It turned out fine and she was happy!! That's all that mattered!

Cherri said...

Nice Laura. Thanks for the layout and the story behind it. Great use of the really cute stamps. Thanks for the chance to win.

lori said...

Love it! Great page - wonderful use of Ali's stamp of the month. Thanks for sharing!

McStamper said...

What a cute page.

Debbie said...

I think we all have supplies that we have got over the year and never use or start something and it gets set aside for some reason. Nice LO
upnurse at aol dot com

Marilyn said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

Great page.

katiedidit said...

Remembering to take photos of the "ordinary" is my greatest challenge. This is a great page.

Laura M. said...

Great layout! Love the photo :)

PurpleJet said...

Amazing stamp set, can think of so many ways to use it.

Michelle K said...

Love those colors!! I've never heard of a 9X9 size page before!!!

Marsha F said...

Great layout! I love how you used the stamp set!

Judy said...

Love it! So seasonally timely!

Christine Cieri said...

Love it! Great use of the stamps here.

Froggie said...

Nice layout. Thanks for the inspiration.

scrapper-at-heart said...

Great layout! Love this stamp set!

PaperPixie said...

What a fun story and layout. And a great use of that stamp too!

NanW said...

Super layout!

Anonymous said...

So love that there are so many LO. Love your page :)
Sandy R. MN

Linda E said...

Great stamp set! Love how you used it on your layout, Laura!

Jocelyn Thompson said...

so much fun! Love it!

Lisa P said...

Love that you won with your yes! My hubby would and boys would have said the same. Way to hold out. Love the cute layout.

Kate aka stinkydudette said...

Cute page...

Lorraine said...

Love the banner stamped! Great layout!

Gina said...

Love your page, great inspiration, thanks for sharing!!!!

NikiCee said...

Love your layout and how you used the stamps!

Barbara said...

This is a great LO and I think you should finish that album. I like the way you used the stamp set. It's great too!

JMCPhillips said...

Such a great LO!! TFS!!

Ciacchina said...

Che belli questi timbri! Mi piace il tuo layout

Alice Wertz said...

really like the ink splash on the background and a fab design. beautiful layout!