Sunday, February 24, 2013

birthday time?



Hi everyone.

Today I'm playing along with a few challenges and trying out a new die.  I was able to pick up the Tim Holtz Vintage Alarm Clock and Camera die on clearance.  I cut the clock from white cardstock and then used a Copic and a silver pigment catseye ink pad to color it.  The die doesn't come with a clock face so from the Hero Arts Time to Stamp backround stamp (also used on the tag) I found a face that fit and just selectively inked it excluding the hands.  The sentiment is computer generated.  My favorite sentiments to go with clocks are:  Birthday Time?, Birthday Time? (again!), and Happy Birthday Old Timer.  I haven't found any stamps with these sentiments so I always have to type it out.




I'm adding this to A Blog Named Hero's Shabby/Vintage challenge.



And Cas-ual Fridays CFC91 challenge to add silver.

Thanks for stopping by.


8 comments:

Sue McRae said...

This is a fun vintage clock with the metal bells. I like your selective inking from the background stamp, it really shows how versatile these stamps can be! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

Miriam Prantner said...

Cute tag! I love the little clock and the stamping on the base of the card too.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very COOL!!

~amy~ said...

What a magnificent tag....did you actually color the tag too or purchased it that way?

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fun tag--LOVE the blue and that vintage feel! YOU ROCK:)

ps...Thanks for leaving some love on my blog while I was away! It was nice to come home from Jamaica to lots of love and encouragement! You made my day:) THANK YOU!

Angie Tieman said...

Awesome card! Genius way to use the silver on the clock! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Annette said...

wow fabulous tag...

Suzanne Russell said...

What a fun birthday tag! Love your take on the challenge!