Friday, December 7, 2012

Merry Christmas


Hi everyone.

Today I've got a Christmas card.  This was part of a group post on the Technique Tuesday blog.  The banner stamp is from the Tis the Season Banners stamp set, and the other sentiment and ornament chain are from Good Cheer.

This card caused me some problems.  It was quick and easy to make, but not easy to photograph.  The ornaments are Michaels Recollections brand that are already super clearanced.  I was really excited about them because they matched the Echo Park Christmas papers so well, but when I tried to take the picture the shadow from me in front of the card caused them to photograph looking like black blobs.  I had to move the card all around the house to get different lighting and even used a white card to try to bounce some light on them.  Finally I found some good light and was able to sneak up from the left and get this picture.  This is often the problem with shiny sparklies :)

For some more Christmas card inspiration head over to the Technique Tuesday blog

.

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

You captured them wonderfully...love your festive card. Don't you hate it when they photog wonky? You def managed to resolve that!

Annette said...

I have had those problems too with some of my cards.. It looks great..so how many pictures did you have to take?

Love those ornaments...so fun

Miriam Prantner said...

Sometimes the prettiest cards are the hardest to photograph! This is lovely!

JJ Bolton said...

I feel your pain trying to photograph shiny cards! I think you found the sweet spot for yours:) Looks great!