Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thinking of You Always


Hi everyone.

Today I'm playing along with the current challenge at Simon Says Stamp, which is Thinking of You/Sympathy.  I don't need a sympathy card at the moment, thank goodness, but I like having these on hand in the event that I find out I do need one it can get mailed out right away.

For this card I used my watercolor crayons to make the background.  I used 3 shades of blue - Turquoise Blue, Azurite, and Cobalt - scribbled them on watercolor paper, then with a wet paintbrush painted upwards to blend the lighter colors into the darker colors.  Then I dried it with a heat gun and stamped and heat embossed Technique Tuesday's Growing Wild stamp in black.   The sentiment is from the So Sorry stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by.


8 comments:

~amy~ said...

love the look of the watercolor crayons with the silhouette image...

cassie said...

That's beautiful!

Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lin said...

Perfect sympathy card, Laura - love your background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! Love that watercolor technique/shading for the background!

Annette said...

wow totally gorgeous card...the watercolor looks amazing.

terisplace said...

Adore this card, Laura!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful watercolor background and love the simplicity. very pretty card, Laura!