Sunday, November 4, 2012

December Daily 2012 from Technique Tuesday


Hi everyone.

Technique Tuesday has a new December Daily stamp set designed by Ali Edwards out for 2012.  I used it to alter a small composition book.  I've made these little notebooks for the past 3 years.  They're great for keeping track of activities and photo ideas if you're doing December Daily, but also great for all of the shopping lists and to do lists that go along with getting ready for Christmas.  I found the little composition book at Staples.  Its about 3 1/4" x 4 1/2".  I used Matte Finish Mod Podge for both the adhesive and the sealer.

These books are easy to do and also a great kids craft.  If you've never used Mod Podge before, it just takes a thin coat with a foam paintbrush going as close to the edge as you can.


Have the patterned paper cut to size ahead of time because the Mod Podge starts drying right away, then stick on the patterned paper and press and smooth it out with your fingers.  If any Mod Podge squeezes out the sides just wipe it off with your finger while its still wet.  Then give it about 10 minutes to dry.


Then paint the patterned paper with a thin coat of Mod Podge and stick on the stamped image.  For this Hello December image I used Hero Arts Mid Tone Red Royal ink.  I tested this ink out ahead of time with the Mod Podge and it ran a little bit, so I tried it again giving the image about 4 hours to dry and it didn't run at all.  I learned the hard way a few years ago that you need to test your inks with the Mod Podge ahead of time to make sure they don't run!  So after letting your second coat dry give it one more coat.  Then cover the back.  I just used the same patterned paper for the back (Lily Bee Christmas Cheer)


So when its done the Mod Podge dries clear, and the covers are surprisingly flexible considering all of the layers of paper and glue.

Here are the ones I've made in past years:

2011
2010
2009

Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

i should probably make one of these to write down ideas. fabulous project and thanks for the inspiration, Laura!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHH! I love this! LOVE that big arrow and these papers! I really should make one of these--I know I would get behind because I'm lazy!! LOL!

Can't wait to see your finished album:)