Friday, June 22, 2012

Bring on the Sun


Hi everyone.

Today I've got a few scrapbook pages to share.  These were recently featured on the Technique Tuesday blog.  For this one I used the Bring on the Sun stamp set.  The picture was taken last summer.  My little boy Willie is Autistic, and when he was 1 and 2 years old he wanted nothing to do with the beach.  He didn't like the feel of the sand or the ocean.  When he was 3 we took him and he didn't exactly like the beach but he tolerated it.  We brought his wagon down on the sand with us and he spent a lot of time sitting in the wagon.  But last summer, when he was 4, he surprised us with really liking the beach.  Yay!  On a whim I bought an inexpensive digital underwater camera right before this trip and I'm so happy I did.  I'm sitting right next to him here and it was great to have the camera around my wrist and not have to worry about it getting wet. 

But back to the layout :) the "live in the sunshine" sentiment in this stamp set really makes my heart go boom boom, and I also used a few of the tiny text stamps on the banner and the little dot/dash stamp along the side of the patterned paper.  The banner was made with another Technique Tuesday stamp set, Message in a Banner, and some MME chipboard that came to me in a Studio Calico kit.  I just started subscribing this month.  And under the photo I've got some patterned paper from mini decks of SC Abroad and Crate Story Teller.


You can check out what the rest of the Stamping Techs did with the Bring on the Sun stamp set here on the Technique Tuesday blog.

And this one I made for a Stamping Tech challenge to use the Signed, Sealed, Delivered stamps.


I used the No. 1 Seal and in the top left is a stamp from Ali Edwards Saying Hello.  I took this photo back in September.  We were at one of my daughter's field hockey games.  I liked the way Willie is walking out of the frame and the old timey-ness of the Instagram Early Bird filter.  All of the patterned papers came in this month's Studio Calico kit.  I'm kind of proud of myself that I figured out a way to use this one with the bike and the bird.  I'm never sure what to do with this kind of large non repeating pattern.  The alphabets are from a set of Thickers that I received as blog candy from Jill Sprott.  Thanks, Jill!

You can visit the Technique Tuesday blog for more projects made with the Seals.

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

FABulous layouts...

Ryann Salamon said...

Awesome, Laura, just awesome!! I love your LOs!!

Annette said...

aww these are wonderful...I am not a fan of the sand either...it took a long time for me to tolerate it...

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful layouts! I love how seamlessly you incorporate stamping!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Fab layouts! I love the backstory with your son. So sweet! The way you used the bike and the bird in the second LO is awesome.

Alice Wertz said...

love love the design of the first layout and the story behind it. YAY for that! =) really like the layering of paper on both. fabulous layout, Laura! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Linda E said...

Fabulous layouts, Laura! Love hoe you incorprated the stamps into your designs!

Elaine said...

Two fabulous memeory pages Laura how wonderful, I love the bunting.
Also your ice cream card below is super , fantastic work Hugs Elaine

Jean said...

Fabulous layouts! Great use of the stamp sets.