Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Technique Tuesday Signed, Sealed, and Delivered


Technique Tuesday released some new stamps this week.  The collection is called Signed, Sealed, and Delivered.

I made this card with the Coffee Break set, and as you can see I used every stamp in the set!


These circles work perfectly with a 1 3/4" punch.  They're great for cards, and I can't wait to use them on Project Life!  

I reached for the Coffee Break set first because we give Starbucks cards so often as gifts I knew I'd need this sometime soon.  I used dye ink Memento markers (Cottage Ivy and Rich Cocoa) to direct color the stamp.  Then for the outer ring I cut a 2 1/2" circle and bent the sentiment stamp to get it to accommodate the circle shape.  I stamped the sentiment at 12 o'clock, 6 o'clock, 3 o'clock, and 9 o'clock, and then filled in the gaps with the bean stamp.  For the rest of the card I used patterned paper from Crate Paper Story Teller, a little brown bag from Michaels (stocked by the gift wrap) and Flax bakers twine from the Twinery.

There are some other great samples on the Technique Tuesday blog, and more to come all week.

7 comments:

Annette said...

what a fun fun design...love the polka dot background and the kraft bag is too cute...great card.

Jaclyn Miller said...

What a cool way to use those stamps - I would've never thought to do that. love it and the concept.

Ryann Salamon said...

Simple yet totally effective design. Love it!

Heidi said...

That is so beautiful!

Kelly R said...

what a fun idea laura! i know whoever gets this card will love it especially the gift card. very nice work.

Linda E said...

Great design for a gift card!

Alice Wertz said...

such a cute little set. love the gift card holder idea. think i have some of those tiny bag around somewhere. thanks so much for the inspiration, Laura!