Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Project Life Week 16 (and May Studio AE stamps!)


Hi everyone.

I've got some Project Life pages to share today.  This is April 16 - 22.  A pretty average week, except for Saturday which was a big day.  We went to Sesame Place!  On the left page here I have a few things that happened earlier in the week.  Monday was the first day back to school after Easter break.  Both kids fell asleep when they got home from school.  For the journaling card I used a stamp from Technique Tuesday's Ordinary Days on one of the Clementine cards with some washi tape and fabric tape.


For the 2 vertical 4x6 cards I have a few of the sentiments from the May Studio AE set.  I stamped them on some of the Martha Stewart/Avery label stickers.  They are a perfect fit.  I also used, for the top left card, the It's a Date stamp.  This one is perfect for Project Life.  I can't believe I haven't used it sooner.


Here is the bottom half.  My daughter is into the band One Direction right now.  This picture is of the posters she has hanging in her room.  We bought tickets this week to their concert at Hershey Park - July 2013!  Hope they're still around then, and that she still likes them :)  I used a journaling block stamp from the Who What Where set for the card on that photo.  And next to it I used one of the cards from the Clementine kit that folds in half for all of the journaling about Sesame Place on Saturday, and also my favorite arrow from the Saying Hello stamp set.


Here is the right side


All photos on this page.  Saturday was Autism Day at Sesame Place.  This event is put on by the Variety Club.  You have to make reservations for crowd control purposes.  They serve gluten free foods and have a quiet area. We came to Sesame Place quite a bit when my daughter was little, but we had never bought Willie because he gets very stressed by crowds and he's also not really into the Sesame characters.  This event was perfect for him, though.  If you haven't watched Sesame Street in a few years the character we're with is fairly new, Abby Cadabby.  He wasn't too excited to get a picture with her or sit on the steps of 123 Sesame Street so we moved on to the rides and this play area with the big yellow mat, which he loved.

Here is an idea I wanted to share


Store duplicate photos right in the Project Life pockets.  I'm going to start doing this for the better photos that I think someday somebody might want a copy of.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome!

Alice Wertz said...

love the details on the first page and those photos on the second page are just precious! thank you for sharing, Laura!

Missus Wookie said...

Sesame Place is one of those 'we never got there and now the kids are too old to enjoy it' places. Hope you had fun.