Monday, April 30, 2012

The "Spring" Technique Tuesday Blog Hop


Hi everyone!

It's time for another Technique Tuesday blog hop.  Today we are all making projects with a spring theme.


I made this layout with the April Showers stamp set, which is one of my most used sets of the 2012 releases.

I took these pictures back in March during an unusually warm stretch of weather.  I took them at a local shopping center.  The chairs are in front of one of our favorite pizza shops.  The flowering tree is in the parking lot and the pansies were in one of those huge pots outside of a store.  I had planned to put these pictures in my Project Life album for that week, but they didn't make the cut.  But I kept looking at them on my phone and they made me happy so I decided to print them out and scrap them.

Here is the whole set:


The letters I used to spell "picture perfect" are the new Heidi Swapp Color Magic alphabet stickers.  They come white with the letters clear embossed.  I used my Caran d'Ache Neocolor 2 watercolor crayons that Technique Tuesday sells to do the coloring.


I just pulled them off of the sticker sheet and stuck them on some waxed paper, then picked up the paint off of the crayons with a wet paintbrush and used them to paint the letters.

There are a few more stops on the hop:

Tobi

Ashley

Charlene

Linda

Sharyn

Teri

Tanis

Daniela

Kris

Laura (you are here!)

Jaclyn

We've got a prize, which will be given out by random draw to one lucky commenter.  You have until midnight PST on May 2nd to leave comments.  The winner will be announced May 3rd on the Technique Tuesday blog.  The prize is the Fly stamp set


Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:  Technique Tuesday April Showers clear stamp set; Memento inks; Amy Tangerine Sketchbook patterned paper, stickers, and fabric stickers; Elle's Studio March die cut; Love My Tapes washi tape; Caran d'Ache Neocolor 2 watercolor crayons; Heidi Swapp Color Magic alphabet stickers.



32 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your springy layout and genius about coloring the alphas!

Sweet silhouette stamp set too!

Laurel said...

Love your layout! Love that stamp set, I just got it and have a couple of projects scheduled this week with it!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Very cute layout! Cute stamp set too.

Ashley Harris said...

What a great layout! Love the bright colors! WOO HOO!!

Sandy said...

Great layout!!! The pics certainly say SPRING!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is fabulous! Love the bright punches of color and the papers and elements you used. Great layout!

Carol M. said...

Beautiful layout Laura! I have tons of photos of the flower beds in my yard and would love this set!

jan farnworth said...

great spring layout.

LisaHampton said...

The layout is gorgeous love the stamp set. Thanks for the chance to win!

herarmyboots said...

Love the colours in your layout & especially your layout title!

terisplace said...

That is just clever with the letters, Laura!I really dig your layout!

Mary-Anne V said...

What a cute and pretty layout...love the colours.

Scrappin' Annie said...

Lovely page and great use of the stamps.

blupixy said...

Love your layout! Love the color magic letters! I bought some color magic products but haven't had the chance to play yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kelly Massman said...

great layout--thanks for sharing your letter technique... Fly is one of my favorite sets!!!! Thanks so much for a chance to win! kmassmanATgmailDOTcom

Annette said...

what a fun layout...totally love all the fun colors...

Jennifer said...

Beautiful LO!

Frozenstamper said...

Adorable little flowers on your layout! Such a sweet Springy look!

Charlene Austin said...

OMWord!! Laura, the colours on your page are amazing. I agree....you couldn't not use those photos!!!

Emily H said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful!

Kris Chirhart said...

Laura, this is SO pretty!! LOVE the way you colored your letters with the watercolor crayons! Those chairs look very FUN and inviting!! :)

Mrs. Hill said...

The Color Magic looks so great! I love Ali's stamps too! It's nice to have happy "just because" photos, isn't it?

Yasmina TINSANG said...

Gorgeous LO!

Miss Kathy said...

Love your spring layout. I've taken lots of photos of the flowering trees and bulbs in my front yard and this stamp set looks perfect for a flower layout of my own.

Sandy B said...

Your title is great.

Sandy B said...

Your title is great.

Sue D said...

Great photos and spring layout.

Luanne Pang said...

very beautiful and colorful layout! great job

cassie said...

Great layout! We did have a warm March here - better March than April!

Katie said...

Great pictures, love the blooms stamp above them! Thanks for sharing!

Katie B.

Alice Wertz said...

love those sweet spring colors! fab layout, Laura!

Missus Wookie said...

Printing photos that make you smile is a good thing to do. Those chairs are lovely!