Friday, January 13, 2012

Take 12

I was very fortunate to win a spot in Ella Publishing's Take 12 class.  The concept of this class (in a nutshell) is that you take 12 pictures on the 12th day of each month, then scrap them.  I tried this a few years ago and lost steam after 4-5 months.  I really liked taking the pictures, but I was overthinking how I would scrap them and what print sizes to order and stuff like that.  Pfft!  But I'm excited to start this project again, especially since this year is 2012.  In December the pictures will be taken on 12-12-12.  How cool is that?

Ella sent me an email yesterday morning reminding me that it was the 12th (thank goodness) and I took my pictures.  Then I got my butt in gear and digi scrapped them.


It was a cold, rainy day.  The kids were in school and my husband was working at home.  I did a lot of chores and a few errands.  A nice, quiet morning until the 2 tornadoes got home from school!

One of the optional assignments for this month was to photograph a collection.  The top right photo is my stamp binders, the 12x12 scrapbook I'm using for Project Life, and my Clementine kit.

1 down, 11 more to go!

Supplies:

Sample Pack #22 Templates
Jan Pea Soup Papers
Jan Pea Soup Elements
By the Day



8 comments:

Nathalie said...

I love how simple you kept your page and I will probably do something similar in paper (I am also exclusively using square photos from Instagram) :)

Kris Chirhart said...

SOOOO awesome, Laura!! I haven't heard of this before. And you are SUPERWOMAN having a clean fridge like that!! That would be the last thing I would think of taking a pic of! :)

Michelle Neddo said...

Love the points of view of your photos--great captures!

Linda said...

This looks great, Laura. Having lost steam with Project 12 last year around March, I had all good intentions of trying this one. That is until I forgot to take the pictures yesterday because I have two teenage tornadoes of my own! Maybe I will take them next Thursday and just pretend!

Monica said...

I love the simplicity of your layout! Really lets the photos shine as the focus. Very nice job! Thanks for playing along with Ella's Take 12 project!

~amy~ said...

this is absolutely perfect!

Missus Wookie said...

Love the template - have just ordered 'em for my 12/12 photos. Isn't it nice having a thoroughly cleaned something? At least until the family get home.

Aliza said...

So lovely and clean-just like your fridge. I'm sorry, I had to say it. But, really, it's very beautiful.