Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Project Life


I've started Project Life! I was planning to do this for 2012, but I went ahead and ordered a few things, the pages and the grid cards, and I got so excited about it when they showed up that I decided to just start now.

I did a 2 page spread for our month of October.

Here is the left side.


It was fun to make these cards for the pockets but I think I'll be buying the Clementine kit when its available.

I used the Jen Martakis By the Day digital kit to make the October card and printed it on kraft cardstock. In the bottom corner I used stamps from Technique Tuesday's Monster Mash and some Martha Stewart patterned tape. Then for the other one I used stamps from Kids are Cool on one of the Becky Higgins grid cards and an adhesive border from Martha Stewart Crafts.

Here is the right side.


I added the "october" from the By the Day digital kit to the photo before I had it printed. The big bracket is also from the kit, printed on kraft, and more patterned tape and a sentiment from Technique Tuesday's Autumn Afternoons.


And here are the 2 pages together.


Narrowing down which photos to use was the most time consuming part, but still a fun and easy to do album concept. I'm looking forward to this.

6 comments:

Kris Chirhart said...

OMGosh Laura!! You started!!! Yay, and it looks AWESOME!!! My order came yesterday. I thought about not getting the cards, but I was afraid that I would put too much time into it if I had to decide papers myself. I just want to get the pics in an album mostly!!

You did a great job! Love your "Ernie" girl and Willie in the swing is adorable!!

Kathy Martin said...

Good for you!!!! I've been considering this project for 2012.

terisplace said...

Laura,
I love that you got going so fast. Love how you used the stamps, too, with your pages.

Teri

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER FUN!!! I have always wanted to do these Project LIfe or December Daily projects....you inspire me:) LOVE!

Queen Mary said...

Laura this is fantastic! I love the calendar card you made! I'm planning on doing this in 2012; I'm working on a december daily now -- I'm calling it a Christmas Season instead though because I'm going first Sunday of Advent to 12th Day of Christmas. So, I'm wondering, is there a way to get email updates of your blog? I signed up as a google follower but I confess I'm not too good at that....

Kathi said...

Fabulous start! Great pages!