Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy World Card Making Day!


Happy World Card Making Day 2011!

I have a few cards to share today made with the October 2011 Technique Tuesday Studio AE kit. Its very early in the morning as I'm typing this and the thumbnail with all of the kit images is not yet up on the website, but I'll post it as soon as its available.

The top card uses 2 of the stamps from the set and some felt embellishments from Pebbles.



And this one I peeked a few days ago. I'm not doing Project Life but seriously thinking about it for next year. I think this stamp would be so perfect used in one of the small pockets of a Project Life album. I sized this stamped piece credit card size, like the journaling cards from Project Life, but you could of course go longer for a bigger journaling block on a scrapbook page. I used Clear and Simple Espresso Your Style ink for the stamping, Studio Calico Memoir patterned paper, and some dried pressed flowers from Recollections/Michaels.

So for today, WCMD 2011, I don't think I'll be doing much cardmaking. My daughter is on a travel softball team and she has her first fall tournament today. I have to start waking everyone up at 6:00 am and then we'll be busy all day. Unless it rains, which is in the forecast, so who knows maybe I will be crafting today! Luckily this one is local for us. My little guy Willie cannot hang all day at these events so it'll be nice to be able to leave and go back.

Hope everyone has a fun and crafty day!

11 comments:

Godelieve said...

Happy World Cardmaking Day Laura!
Great cards here, love the felt trees especially. And those tiny buttons are SO cute!! Perfect!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Happy World Card Making Day!!! I love these sweet cards! Good luck today with the game... my kids have a soccer game at 3:30 pm and I'm today's 'snack mom'! ... sports just don't stop, do they???

~amy~ said...

What FAB cards...really love the felties! Happy World Card Making Day!

Jaclyn Miller said...

LOVE that tree card, both are fabulous!

Linda Beeson said...

I love tour cards. I have those felt trees so you have me wanting to get them out.

Alicia said...

Laura, these are wonderful... those trees are so sweet!

LizArt said...

WOW great cards. Congrats.

Linda E said...

Laura, these are beautiful! I can't wait to see the full reveal of the set online! No card making for me this weekend either. Too busy with the family. Sigh!

Kathi said...

Both cards are lovely! I really do love the felt trees.

Alice Wertz said...

love love the simplicity of the first card, love those felt trees. and the second on is so beautiful! love those pressed flowers. beautiful work as always, Laura! belated Happy WCMD! hope the tournament went well. =)

Kris Chirhart said...

Awesome cards, Laura! This set looks great!