Friday, September 2, 2011

Studio AE September Kit


Hi everyone! Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday on kit reveal day. I started the post early in the morning yesterday and now here it is early in the morning on the 2nd and I'm just now getting back to it.

I used 3 of the stamps from the September Studio AE kit, Family Is, on the tag on the center photo. The tag on the bottom left is from another very useful Technique Tuesday set, A Date With Ali.

I took these photos a few weeks ago on my little boy, Willie's last day of school. It was also the last day at the Autistic support classroom he's been in since he turned 3. We made the decision over the summer to move him to a new school with a Verbal Behavior program since he's still not talking. So that was his last day at the old school followed by a 2 week break and this week he started the new school. We took him to tour the new school back in July and took pictures and I've been showing him the pictures to try to get him ready. Monday he got on the bus and I drove over to the school to meet the bus and when the doors opened I could see he was pulling away from the aid, not wanting to get off the bus. Waah! So I got on the bus and picked him up and carried him in and had to hold him for quite awhile in the classroom. But this gave me a chance to talk to the teacher some more and eventually he got comfortable enough to let me leave. He had the angriest look on his face when he got home on Monday and he was really tired and took a nap, which he doesn't normally do, so then he was up until about 11:00 Monday night. But I talked to the teacher and the speech therapist every day this week and they said he was doing great. He napped Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and was up late each night, but yesterday he came home and didn't nap and went to bed at regular time, 8:30, and there's no school on Friday so we made it through the first week.

Thanks for hanging in there with me through my ramble. Hopefully my next big ramble will be telling you that Willie's starting to talk!

The new stamps are posted on the Technique Tuesday website, here is the full set:



Thanks for stopping by.




3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun layout and wooo hoooo for both of you making it through the first week! happy friday!!!

Alice Wertz said...

Willie is so cute! hope he gets use to the new school soon and that he starts to talk soon. big hugs to you all!

Annabella Merlin said...

My prayers are with you on the speed of your son's speech development. By the way, this layout is great!I love the color!