Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day

Happy end-of-a-long-weekend everyone!

I got some new stamps from Penny Black and decided to break them in by trying out their blog challenge for last week, which was to be inspired by something from their design team. I found this christmas card by Kathy Racoosin and wanted to try to recreate her distress inked background. I used Broken China, Faded Jeans, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, and Scattered Straw. I'm not usually so adventurous with blending the inks, so this was a fun challenge.

Then for the tall grass I used Bundled Sage Distress and Memento Rich Cocoa.

Look at that tiny, little Frank Lloyd Wright style house. What a perfect vacation spot!



Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

clouds shadler said...

luv the coloring on this one Laura! lovely!

hugs,
C :)

terisplace said...

Oh! That's a cool card, Laura!

Teri

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful inked background! very pretty card, Laura!

anythingthatgoes said...

Confession: Of all the designs you made, this is the most simple YET it is the most gorgeous! The first word that came out of my mouth when I saw the design is "WOW!" The tall grass perfectly stood on that inked background! So clean, creative and I wanna have this one! :)

Hugs!