Monday, August 29, 2011

Scare Up Some Fun

Happy Monday!

We survived hurricane Irene with no damage or loss of power. Yay! Saturday had a lot of windy rain most of the day. We were stocked up and just stayed inside. My little boy, Willie woke up at 3 am on Sunday morning, up for the day. He has sensory issues that make him uncomfortable and this happens on a pretty regular basis. He gets up in the middle of the night and I get up, too, and we're starting our day in the middle of the night. So we came downstairs and my husband was still awake watching the news about the hurricane and checking our basement. I sent him to bed and then I kept watch. I was very happy when the sun came up and we still had power! We had 1 small leak through our heater, which was just installed in January, so we put in a service call and have someone coming out today for that. Otherwise all is well.

So for this card I really let the patterned paper do the work for me. Its from a Martha Stewart Crafts 5" x 7" pad that came out last year. The scene is just so cute! The sentiment, bats, and owl are from Technique Tuesday's Bewitched.

Thanks for stopping by.


7 comments:

Heidi said...

Beautiful card.

~amy~ said...

Whew on the Irene...so happy to hear that you have minimal damage.

Such a fun halloween card! Love when you can let the paper do its thing:)

Laurie said...

Laura this is so cute! I love the little scene you created!

Kryssi said...

Glad you're safe too, Laura! This is such a spooktacular little Halloween scene!

Alice Wertz said...

so happy to hear that you are all okay and had only a minor damage. love love your card! love all the fun details!

glowegal said...

Adorable card! I love the whole scene that's cute yet a lil spooky. Glad you didn't get too much damage from Irene. I live in coastal NC and we had some missing shingles that caused a couple leaks and some minor flooding in one of our rooms, but I'm not complaining! Thanks for sharing your card!

Claudette said...

You still have it girl...creative card, enjoy seeing your work always.