Sunday, August 21, 2011

Orange You Sweet!


Sorry I left the blog unattended for so long. We were able to get away to the Jersey shore last week for vacation. It was exhausting, but in a good way!

This orange-ey card is published in the new Paper Crafts special issue, Card Ideas for Paper Crafters.


Its hard to tell from the photo, but the oranges (from Technique Tuesday's Fruit Stand) are heat embossed with orange embossing powder. The background is dry embossed with the Papertrey Woodgrain Impression plate, and has a light brushing of Antique Linen Distress ink. I think I was inspired by those crates of clemetine oranges that are always around in the wintertime.

Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

JeanFB said...

Congrats, Laura! The card looks wonderful, and the orange slices really do "pop". Such a great card. Glad you got to get away for awhile!

Melanie said...

I really like this color combo...lots of pop! TFS!

Niki Estes said...

Laura, this is so cute! I love those oranges!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I need to get that mag--LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! No wonder it was picked up--FAB!!! :)

Alice Wertz said...

so bright and cute! fabulous card, Laura! love it!

Laurie said...

Ack!!! I love this! Such a great pop of colors on the neutral background! I thought I had your blog bookmarked and I didn't! I have been missing out! I just became a follower!