Monday, August 1, 2011

August Scrapbook Stamping at 2Peas


Second post of the day, I know, but I just couldn't wait to share the layout I made for my guest spot in Nichol Macgouirk's August Scrapbook Stamping class.

The technique this month is Emboss Resist. Before I talk about emboss resist I want to talk about this picture. I don't usually scrap 8" x 10" photos, but this was taken a few years back and we had it framed for awhile, then swapped out the picture in the frame so I had it sitting here and one thing led to another and a layout was born. When we first started taking family vacations to the Jersey shore I would bring my SLR camera with me to the beach and always worried about it getting wet or sandy. Sometimes I'd never take out the camera or the perspective of the photos was just so far away from where the action was. Then one year I bought a disposable underwater camera and took it right in the ocean with us, and my beach pictures improved 1000%. This is one of those pictures, and every time I see it I'm so thankful that I started buying the disposable underwater cameras.

Here is a close up of the tags that I made using emboss resist:


These are basic Avery office supply tags. For the 2 shipping tags I stamped the sentiments from Awesome Days of Summer in Versamark ink, then heat embossed using clear embossing powder. Then I used the Ranger foam blending tool and applied Distress inks in Bundled Sage and Faded Jeans. The ink "resists" the heat embossing and you get these cool negative images. There is a great video on applying the inks with the blending tool in Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking series on 2Peas if you've never tried it before. For the 2 metal rimmed tags I clear embossed and applied the inks (Scattered Straw and Tumbled Glass) on white cardstock, then used a 1" circle punch to cut out the images and fit them in the rims of the tags.

Thanks again, Nichol, for inviting me to participate in your Scrapbook Stamping series. And for any fans of Technique Tuesday and Ali Edwards stamps in particular, there are some brand spanking new sets posted in the store today.


3 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

that is a fab photo! love that you used the photo for the layout and love your tags! fab work as always!

Tenia Nelson said...

Totally cool!!!

~amy~ said...

okay, now that pic just screams happy...love it.