Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Card Camp



I'm participating in Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner's Summer Card Camp. I signed up on Wednesday night, going back and forth back and forth wondering if I had enough time and finally just hit the trigger. Yay!


Monday was the first day so I've been catching up on the lessons and videos since I signed up late, and they're great! The first challenge is a color challenge using purple, pink, orange, white, and sky blue. I made this using hearts from Technique Tuesday's Love Always Wins and the sentiment I cut with my Silhouette using the Card Words: Love Designer Cuts digital kit. This is only my 4th Silhouette project and I'm keeping it simple since we had a bit of a rocky start. The cardstock I used is kraft from a Recollections pack I picked up at Michaels. Its 65lb cardstock. It cuts great, but 65lb might be flimsey to use as a card base (sigh). I darkened it up a bit with the foam tool and Ranger Vintage Photo ink. It looks black in the photo, I know, but better in real life.


Thanks for visiting.


11 comments:

Tanis said...

OOOH, love this.
Have fun with the camp!

Abbey said...

I love this card!!

JOAN said...

Fabulous card!! I am taking the camp too and love it!! Have been making cards all week ;) Hope to see more of your beauties.

CraftyDee said...

Gorgeous! I really like this, so simply but fun and elegant!

Gayatri said...

What a gorgeous card? I love the outline hearts and the colorful pop of hearts. Love it all.

Joy said...

YAY! for using the silhouette, eventually when you find the right card stock it does become your friend...and you can see this in your gorgeous card...hugs!

Kathy Martin said...

Love this card!

susan r. opel said...

Super cute! You did a great job taming the colors. :)

Alice Wertz said...

simply fabulous! love the design. i thought about taking the class for too long and when i decided to join it was too late... but i am looking forward to seeing your projects for the class! =)

Joan B said...

adorable. just got a silhouette also and am befuddled so I like seeing great uses for it.

Daniela said...

I love this. The colored hearts are adorable. Thinking about getting those die cut words. Can you only cut those words pictured? Love the font.