Friday, July 1, 2011

Studio AE July Kit


The Technique Tuesday July Studio AE kit is up and I'm excited to start sharing my projects.

The kit is called Get Outside and is packed with big, loopy, Ali handwriting goodness.

Here is the layout that I peeked last weekend:


The center sheet is a piece of watercolor paper. I scribbled the paper with a watercolor crayon and then used a wet paintbrush to liquify it.

Here is a close up:


I found this picture of my daughter, Mary Rose (now almost 12!) and it just made me so happy now, 10 years later, that I took the time to get the camera and take pictures of her having a snack out on our deck.

I have a tip to share about the watercolor crayons. When I write my journaling, even for a tiny bit like this, I like to draw a pencil line and write it in pencil, then go over it with a pen and erase the pencil lines. So I had a piece all painted and stamped (the photo not yet tacked down, thank goodness) I wrote out the journaling and when I went to erase the pencil marks all of the paint came up with it! Didn't expect that to happen! So I had to re-do it and just try my best not to mess up the journaling with no pencil draft.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies: Technique Tuesday Studio AE July 2011 kotm; Technique Tuesday Lets Call It A Date stamp set; Caran D'Ache Neocolor 2 Orangish Yellow watercolor crayon; Canson watercolor paper; SU! Spiral punch; Jillibean Soup Ginham Chipboard Alphabeans; Websters Pages Sentimental Journey and Restful Retreat patterned papers; Colorbox Warm Red Chalk ink; Jenni Bowlin Stick Candy and Brown Sugar dye inks.

4 comments:

Linda Barber said...

Love that effect of those watercolor crayons! Will have to hunt some down and try them. Enabler! ;)

Kim said...

Love Ali's stamps and love your layout, darling!! Hope all is going well!! XXOO

clouds shadler said...

awesome page Laura! cute! I see u used a jb kit perhaps? :)

hugs,
C :)

Alice Wertz said...

such a precious photo, Laura! your girl is soooo cute! darling layout!