Monday, July 18, 2011

Paper Crafts Gallery Idol Round 2


Here it is! My round 2 submission for the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol contest.

Our challenge for this round was creative use of die cuts. I've had a Silhouette for a few weeks now and I've talked about it here before that we got off to a bit of a rocky start, but this weekend we put all that behind us and I was able to successfully cut this American Crafts Television to use as a card base for my contest entry.

The television, minus the antennas, is about 5 1/2" x 4". The stamps I used for this scary scene of monsters coming out of the TV are from Technique Tuesday's Monsters Inc. I stamped the monsters on Gina K Pure Luxury white cardstock and colored them with my Copics. The green and red ones are fussy cut and adhered to the TV with dimensional adhesive.



So if you like this card I'd love to get your vote!

Here is the contest link. Mine is #6 in the lineup and voting is open from today until Thursday 7/21 12:00 pm MDT.



12 comments:

Angelnorth said...

I love this Laura, great fun with the monsters escaping from the screen!

Sarah said...

I just love this card, Laura! It *jumped* right out at me when I took a peek at the gallery earlier today. It's such a great way to frame those little monster stamps--now I have one more way to use them.

Gina said...

Adorable!!!! Such a fun card and would make a great invitation for a 3D movie party.

Lindsay said...

Seriously Laura, this is so stinkin' cute! Ack! I love those monsters coming out of the TV, genious!

Debbie Carriere said...

So cute & creative!!! Love it! Good luck!

~amy~ said...

super fun Laura...love all those sweet monsters:)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Cute monsters, and I love how they are popping of the TV! Good luck :)

Linda E said...

Laura, this is fabulous! By looking at this card, I could never tell that your are a Silhouette Newbie! You've got my vote!

Laura B. said...

this is just so cool!!! really creative, love it so much, good luck:)

Alice Wertz said...

too darn cute! love love all the monsters! fab card, Laura! off to vote! =)

Jocelyn said...

Eeek! Your card is hilarious! I love it!

Cristina said...

Totally "tube"ular (sorry! I had to do it!), and so much fun!