Wednesday, July 6, 2011

happy birthday!


Yesterday was a big day around here. My daughter, Mary Rose, turned 12!

I did not make this card for her, but if something about it looks familiar it might be that I made it based on one of the sketches from that Paper Crafts idea book call over the winter that got so many thousands of submissions. This one didn't get picked up, but its always good to have some extra birthday cards in your stash!

I used Technique Tuesday's Happy Birthday and Life in Pictures. I did some simply post it note masking on a few of the frames to keep the images inside the filmstrip.



We took a road trip to this wonderful place in Delaware over the weekend to get Mary Rose's birthday present. Thats her and my husband off to the side. She wanted a bass guitar. She's been playing acoustic guitar for 3+ years and electric for 2 years and now we've added a bass.

Thanks for letting me share! Hope everyone has a great day.


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Fun card and yahoooo for your girl...happy birthday!

Niki Estes said...

What a fun card! I love the film strip with the images. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Tanis said...

Awesome! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! Hope she has fun with her new bass :)

Alice Wertz said...

so fun and festive! fabulous bday card. hope your girl had a fun time celebrating with her new bass guitar!! =)

cindy said...

You read my mind. I was wondering why it looked so familiar. Congrats on top 20