Saturday, July 30, 2011

CAS Fridays #13


I'm playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week. The challenge is to make a 4" x 9" card.

Tall cards are tough. But they are also a good way to give a gift of cash, which I do a lot, so I decided to make one for the challenge. I guess you can give cash in any sized card, but when I see a tall card the first thing I think is I wonder if there's money inside!



Tall/long cards are also tough to photograph. Here is a close up:




These wonderful matryoshka dolls are from the From Russia With Love digital kit (colored with Copics) and the fancy frame is from the Journaling Frame Printables kit. Both of these were designed by Tia Bennett for Two Peas in a Bucket. Tia no longer designs for Two Peas but her kits are still in the store.

Here is the inside:



So what I did is take a piece of 9" x 10" kraft cardstock and score and fold it at 2 1/2" and 6 1/2", then use the Martha Stewart Bubble Bath punch on the top and the bottom edges. I attached the fancy frame to the front flap and punched 2 holes for the twine to go through, then marked where the holes should go on the inside flap with a pencil and punched the inside flap to thread the twine. The sides are just sealed up with adhesive to make the pocket. The pocket inside is roomy so I made a few tags to put in with the cash using more sentiments from the stamp set (Hero Arts Yummy Treats) and added another doll from the digi kit. There are 3 more dolls in this kit that I resisted using in the spirit of keeping things CAS, but they're super cute so I'll be using them sometime.



Hope everyone's having a nice weekend. Thanks for stopping by.



Supplies: From Russia With Love and Journaling Frame Printables digital kits; Hero Arts Yummy Treats stamp set; The Paper Company kraft cardstock; Martha Stewart Crafts Bubble Bath punch; Martha Stewart Crafts tags; Copic X-Press blending paper; Copic markers; Twisted Sugar Twine Cola Red bakers twine

6 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I agree--tall cards are hard to create! But you nailed this challenge! LOOOOOOOOVE those little dolls and the kraft base! LOVE LOVE LOVE it all:) YOU ROCK!

~amy~ said...

great card...love that shade of kraft!

btw, I don't have any of My Scrapbook Nook kits yet...I may have to breakdown and buy the next one:)

Dana said...

Genius idea. I really like the folded over money pocket and how you border punched it. So clever. And the coloring on your matryoshka dolls is wonderful. Such a perfect card for the CAS-ual Friday challenge!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!!

Alice Wertz said...

this is fabulous. love the pocket design. super card, Laura!

Laura Davis said...

Lovely!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura