Tuesday, June 21, 2011

thanks so much




I have a few cards to share today made with my somewhat new Silhouette SD. I got this thing last month and we had a bit of a rocky start. Long story short, my heavy mat seemed extremely sticky when I got it. I tried cuts of some basic shapes that are free when you download the software - a bracket frame and a scalloped heart. They cut fine so I got ambitous and downloaded a rather detailed Hero Arts birdcage. Everything looked great when it was cutting, but then when I tried to lift the cardstock off the mat the 2 had fused together. All that pressure under the knife for the detailed cutting, and I had also used black cardstock - yuck! I picked at it for what seemed like hours but the mat was totally trashed. So I threw it out, ordered a new one and now I'm back at it.

This first card I made with Kristina Werner's Thanks Designer Cuts kit. I used the Papertrey Polka Dots Basics 2 Impression plate for the debossed background. The cardstock is from kraftoutlet.com.

And this one I made with a few more of Kristina's kits, the Artisan Designer Cuts shaped card kit
and Spring Flowers kit. I used some Recollections cardstock which I bought in a pack for the purpose of testing the Silhouette and also because it has a 65lb weight I thought it might cut easier, although I had no problems with the 80 lb kraft I used for the first card. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler.



Thanks for stopping by.




4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your cards...seems like alot of people are moving towards the silhouette...can I ask you why you picked that one? One of these days I'm going to go digital...

Angelnorth said...

Two fab cards, love the fresh colours of the second on and the debossing on the first! Hope you have fun with the Silhouette!

Alice Wertz said...

ahhhh.... Silhouette SD.... you lucky girl, you! =) fab simple cards. really like the colors in the second one!

Joan B said...

love the cards. I am SO GLAD I saw this as I too just got a silhouette and have the exact same problem. the heavy mat came too sticky to use and the thin mat came with absolutely no adhesive at all. Grr.

I guess i need new mats!