Saturday, June 4, 2011

Our Thoughts and Prayers




Sympathy cards are probably my least favorite type of card to make. But I'm also really glad when I need one to have one ready to send out right away.

For this card I made the sunset background with Caran d'Ache Neocolor 2 watercolor crayons. These were recently added to the Technique Tuesday store.


The colors I used are Naples Yellow, Orange, and Carmine. I did this scribbling on watercolor paper, then wet the brush and painted side to side starting at the bottom of the yellow and working my way up. Easy! These crayons are very creamy and just liquify when you get them wet. And the colors are great!

The stamps I used are Growing Wild (heat embossed) and a sentiment from Studio AE's September 2010 kit.



3 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful technique. Just bout the crayons at the TT booth at Scrapbook Expo. Now I can't wait to try them.

Kathi said...

It's gorgeous. That's one of my favorite sets and you used it wonderfully. You (and Teri) have inspired me to get out my wc crayons and have a play!

Alice Wertz said...

such a beautiful background. i'll have to try some watercolor crayons. thanks for the inspiration, Laura! beautiful card!