Friday, June 17, 2011

Clear Stamp Storage




I did some reorganizing of my clear stamps recently and I thought I'd share my new system.


I found this box at Staples. Its the Globe-Weis 5" x 8" Card Tray.



Even though they label the box 5" x 8" the actual interior measurements are 5 3/4" x 7 3/4", so its bigger than the photo storage boxes you can find at the craft stores.


I made my dividers from different pieces of cardstock cut to 5" x 7 1/2". I was going to make tabs for the dividers but then just decided to use my dymo labelmaker.

Here is what I like the most about this box:



This little adjustable follower to keep everything standing up straight.

I have all of my 4" x 6" stamp sets in here. Every set I own, not just Technique Tuesdays. And they're all on their original packaging sheets.



And then for these littler Technique Tuesday sets which measure about 3" x 4 1/4" I just stand 2 of them side by side.



And now the binders!



These are Avery D Ring Binders. You can find them all over the place, but this particular shade of green I've only seen at Target.

Technique Tuesday used to package their larger stamp sets on 8 1/2" x 11" sheets. Now they're packaging the same stamp sets on 4" x 6" sheets, just closer together. These 2 binders hold all of my older 8 1/2" x 11" stamp sets which are not retired. I have all of the Ali Edwards sets in 1 binder and everything else in the other.


The front, back, and spine have clear pockets that you could put something in to decorate or label them. I just put important things like my Copic color chart in there.




The straight edge of the D ring helps keep the stamp sheets from getting all bendy.



And then, also in the binders I'm using these baseball card sleeves for the $2.99 Technique Tuesday Little Treasures stamp sets.



I've got some tabbed pocket dividers in the back with nothing in them right now but I'm sure some paperwork worth holding onto will find its way back there.


Oh, and the "stamp" stamp I used to label the front of my stamp box is from the Organized and Inspired stamp set.



Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

Wow...will you come over to my house and re-org my stamps for me....please??!! Awesome storage...thanks for sharing!

Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing. Great ideas.

Kathy Martin said...

Awesome ideas!

frenchpossum said...

such a great idea using bassball card sheets to store small stamps.Saves them falling all over the place in boxes or draws..great idea thanks for the look..frenchpossum west Australia 18/6/11

Missus Wookie said...

oh these are lovely - I'm going to have to track down some baseball card storage.

Alice Wertz said...

it's always fun to see how everyone organize their stamps. thanks for sharing, Laura!

Terrie said...

Someone just pinned this - and I know it was done a year ago, but great idea!! Now how can I store and organize my wood stamps? LOL