Saturday, May 14, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame




I'm back! When I heard what was going on with blogger this week I didn't even try to post. Just stayed away until I heard the problems were resolved and my Google Reader started filling up with other people's (successful) blog posts.


So this card I had a lot of fun with. Teri asked me to make a baseball themed card in honor of Technique Tuesday being at the Convention in Arlington next month which is located right next to the baseball stadium. How perfect is that? Drop your husband and kids off to watch the game and then head to the convention for a day of stamping and shopping!


I have a quick step out of what I did. I'm not sure what to call it, maybe image altering or customizing? This is a technique I first learned about from Kerry Urbach a few years ago. It was a lightbulb moment and I don't think I ever would have thought of it on my own.



First I stamped the image purposely not inking up the top of the owl's head.




Then from some notes I took on what a Rangers baseball cap looks like I drew on a cap.




Then went over my drawing with a black Memento marker (I also stamped the owl with Memento) and erased the pencil lines with a good quality white eraser.


This is a fun way to customize a card and get more mileage out of your stamps!




Hope everyone's having nice weekend. Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies: Technique Tuesday Wise Guys stamp set; Take Me Out to the Ballgame digital kit.





6 comments:

Kathi said...

How cute! I love the owl in his little baseball cap.

Customizing and changing outfits on stamps is big fun!

Alice Wertz said...

awww.... this makes me smile, Laura!! love love the caps you added. super card!

Jennifer said...

What cute little owls!! Great card!! (=

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card!!!!!

~amy~ said...

cute...love the owlies!!!

Tiff said...

This is too cute! If only I could draw as awesome as you!