Sunday, May 29, 2011

So Happy For You


Happy Sunday, everyone.

Today I have a card made with some Faber Castell goodies I bought a few weeks ago. I got few of these sets containing a Big Brush marker and 3 Aquarelles. I've been using the Aquarelle watercolor pencils a lot, but hadn't tried the Big Brushes yet. Then I got the Faber Castell newsletter and found out that if you post a project on their Facebook page by 5/31 made with a Big Brush you can be eligible for a draw for a $25 GC. So that sounded like a good reason to try out one of my Big Brushes.

For the little scene here I used watercolor paper and scribbled the background with the #104 Aquarelle, then used a wet brush to make the washed background. I used the May Green#170 Big Brush for the Hero Arts Blooming Meadow image and the Black Big Brush for the sentiment, but then I heat embossed the Hero Arts Musical Walk silhouette image just to make sure nothing would show through.

And I found some great deals at Barnes and Noble on these older packaged Faber Castell items. I thought I'd share, in case anyone was going to BN anytime soon maybe yours will have them too. I got the set of 6 gelatos for $3.50 and the set of 4 Big Brushes for $5.99!


I hven't tried the Gelatos yet, but they're next on my list!



9 comments:

Heidi said...

What a beautiful card.

~amy~ said...

I gotta tell you...this is really striking...one of those "I gotta stare at this for awhile" kinds of card....my new all time fav of yours:)

Tanis said...

Love this!
I totally agree with Amy. The design and patterns and colours are great!

Kathy Martin said...

Super darling! Love silhouettes! :)

JeanFB said...

Oooh, this card is positively yummy! Gorgeous work, love your techniques. I may have to go check out BN..... :) Have a wonderful holiday!

Agata said...

Love your card!!! I hear so much about those FC goodies, have to see if they're available in Switzerland. Anyway, congrats on your win on PCC blog! :)

Tiffany said...

I love the color combo on this! The silhouette really looks fabulous against the green!

Kim said...

Darling card!! And I'm with you on the FC products...I'm just about to check them out myself; they create amazing color and your card is no exception...The green and B/W together is stunning! XXOO

Alice Wertz said...

such a beautiful card. love the elegant colors, too. fabulous work!