Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May Studio AE From Technique Tuesday Blog Hop

Welcome to another Studio AE Blog Hop!


Today, the Studio AE team is joining up with Ali Adwards to show some projects made with May's Studio AE stamp set. We had so much fun last month that we decided to do it again!


The new set from Ali and Technique Tuesday is called Real Life by Ali Edwards





The set consists of 16 clear stamps. The set works great for scrapbooks and mini books, as well as cards.


The set ships to Studio AE members between the 10th and the 15th. Non Studio AE members can also purchase the set for a limited time through the Technique Tuesday website. Some retailers are now also offering the Studio AE stamp sets for purchase. Check with your favorite retailer for more details about that.


Here is a project I worked up with the stamp set:



I found this 3 1/2" x 5" sketchbook in the art section of the craft store. It was easy to open up the coils and take off the cover and replace it with the one I made. The strip of words seemed like great journaling prompts, so why not make a journal?


Here is what it looked like as a work in progress:



I tore out one of the pages and used it as a template for the cover and as a guide to punch the holes (I have a handheld punch that makes square holes). I did the stamping on Speckletone cardstock and then mounted it on Light Kraft. The text background is Technique Tuesday's Verbose.


Please check out the blogs of Ali and all of Technique Tuesday's Studio AE team members taking part in today's blog hop to see more ways to use the new set.


Ali


Wendy Sue (May's Studio AE guest!)


Nichol


Laura (you are here!)



Sharyn


Teri


Jaime


Leave a comment on one or all of their blogs by midnight PST on May 12th. We'll pick 2 people from comments received on all 7 of the blogs to win the Missing You by Ali Edwards stamp set
from Technique Tuesday.






The more comments you leave, the better chance you have to win.


The winners will be announced on the Technique Tuesday Facebook page on My 13th so be sure to check it out.




Thanks for stopping by our blogs today and taking part in the hop!




Supplies: Technique Tuesday Studio AE May KOTM and Verbose stamp sets; Strathmore 3 1/2" x 5" sketchbook; Speckletone True White cardstock; kraftoutlet.com Light kraft cardstock; Memento Pear Tart ink; Clear and Simple Espresso Your Style ink; Ranger Antique Linen and foam blending tool.

81 comments:

Ellie A. said...

I love this. I have a thing for sketch books and always have them around for my doodles. Thanks for sharing this I might have to try it!

~amy~ said...

love it...what a GREAT set of stamps!

heidi said...

Can't wait for my Studio AE delivery -- Thank you for the inspiration!!

ShellyJ said...

great idea for a little sketch book!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I LOVE your project Laura! OK.. now I have a 'stupid' Q... how did you get the page page in???? Do the coils have an open spot????

This entire stamp set is calling my name.. LOVE it!

Nichol Magouirk said...

This is awesome! Great project!

Julie Corrigan said...

Love the sketch book....great design and simple!

jengd said...

What a great idea and so simple to make a custom journal. Looks great!

Rhadonda said...

So creative. Thanks!

j.de.lu designs said...

Love this! Thank you for the chance to win!

Anonymous said...

i love this. hope i win.

Anonymous said...

i love this. hope i win.

Suzanne said...

What a fabulous idea, and I really love this stamp set!

janet said...

What a GREAT project! Thanks for always sharing! Smiles!

cynthia said...

Love what you did with the sketch book!!!!!!! And so love that I found another digi scrapbook artist as well!!!

Val said...

What a great little project, would love to make this for keeping all those miscellaneous ideas that end up on little scraps around the house.

Lillian Child said...

What a great idea, especially for a special little gift for that artist in the family! Thanks so much for sharing!

And I just found your blog and am now a follower. So very nice to meet you! Stop by my blog sometime and give me a shout out!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Heidi Y said...

I really like that book you made! I'll have to make one for my daughter :)

Elizabeth H. said...

Such a creative take!

Sharon said...

I love this project. Its such a simple, yet fabulous idea...

Wendy Sue said...

What a fun project - love the cover! :o)

Ginny said...

What a fun idea, love it!

jesa said...

Great, I have another great idea for stamp use!

Sharyn said...

fun fun fun!!! Love this Laura!!

Mary Rogers said...

you do such amazing work Laura - LOVE your project

Teresa said...

What a fun project.

christen said...

fantastic idea!!

Debbie Pereira said...

I love what you did with the stamp set. Such a great idea.

Miss Kathy said...

Love this little notebook. I have that same square punch but never thought to use it that way. Thanks!

Melissa R. said...

Great idea!Thanks for sharing it!!

Anonymous said...

Would love to use those stamps.

bunny said...

what a clever idea!

Michels said...

I will so be trying this -

luvmysilhouette said...

Great Idea, Love these Stamps...

Tasha said...

How neat!

Lori Kae said...

Great idea! :)

Cutiephinphin said...

Cool way of changing the cover of something u don't like that much...

Kathy Martin said...

Very creative girl! Love it! :)

kkrewtea said...

AWESOME!!!I just signed up for the subscription and I can’t stand the wait!!! Thanks for the chance to win!

Melissa said...

I love how you altered the sketch book! Great idea!

Rita said...

great project! I can't wait to get my stamps in the mail... :-)

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

What a fabulous idea! Love the end result!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

love it! great idea! thanks for sharing.

michelesscrapycreations35 at yahoo dot com

stephanie said...

Thanks for the cool idea.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW OH WOW! I love this cover--super amazing! THANKS for the chance to win--sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

40 Something said...

What a great use of the Real Life set... Love it.. thanks for sharing!

Mariangeles M said...

Cool project!

Rebecca said...

Very cool!!

marla said...

Nice project and good use of a fun stamp set!!

Bernice said...

Great idea! I love little notebooks but it always takes me so long to find one with a cover I like!

Ruth said...

what an awesome idea, so simple and effective.

Angie Blom said...

Love this idea.. it looks amazing on your cover!!

sharon g said...

Oh my gosh, what a great idea for a gift! Thanks.

dawn said...

This is such a fun idea. I've just started an art journal and want to learn how to make books of all kinds on my own now. I love how you used the stamps for your book. Thanks for the chance to win.

Sue D said...

Great journal!

alwayscharlie said...

I totally enjoy the way you altered this journal!

http://lovealwayschar.blogspot.com/

jbuffan said...

What a great idea, I would never think of that? This is one I will def try myself.

Carol said...

What a nifty idea. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.

Erin Bassett said...

Nice project!!

Tara McGrath said...

Great idea!!!! onto more blog hopping.

dlhfks said...

Great combination of stamps. Love the background.

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing!

Tracey Amend said...

That would make a quick and easy gift for sure! Great idea...thanks for sharing!!!

Cynthia B. said...

Awesome project! You really made great use of those stamps for your book's front cover. :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great project-love it

Deborah said...

GREAT idea!! Love it :)

cathy said...

I love these quick, simple yet beautiful project ideas.

Kathy said...

Love to see scrap supplies used in other places. What a great idea for a gift!

Nikki White said...

That's a cool way to use the stamps for the cover of a journal. I like it

Cathy P in AZ said...

FABULOUS idea! Shows the versatility of AE stamps - LOVE IT.

RT said...

Another project for me to try. Thanks!

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous altering! love your stamping on the new cover! thanks for the inspiration!!

marilyn said...

FABULOUS project! Love using the print background stamp and the list of words on top.

Keshet said...

LOVE how you used the stamps!

nandmmom said...

Such a Great idea, makes the pad very special.

Shirley said...

This is a fun project! Thanks for sharing!

Chrystie said...

All I can say is Oooolala!

Anonymous said...

love the "outside the page" thinking here. thanks for sharing!
benessi

Chris Wooten said...

love this idea..thanks for sharing with us

chris
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

mtscrapgal said...

Great project.Love the notebook cover. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathi said...

That's fabulous. Great way to customize a pad for yourself.

Verbose looks very useful. Methinks it needs to be added to my (sizeable) TT collection!