Thursday, May 5, 2011

happy mommy's day



So Mother's Day is this Sunday, but here in my house I like to kick things off on Friday and call it Mom's Weekend! This usually involves me not cooking on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, and there is a trip to Dairy Queen at some point during the weekend. This year, though, my daughter plays travel softball and we have 3 games scheduled for Saturday and depending on how things go maybe 3 on Sunday also. All of my Mothers Day cards including this one got mailed out yesterday just in case we don't get to visit our special ladies in person on Sunday.


I made this one with Lawn Fawn's Judy's Blooms. The label is from the Put a Label On It digital kit. The sentiment is French Script MT. I printed out a whole sheet of different sized labels and sentiments and I really like the look of the kraft on kraft with pops of color. The kraft is Lunch Bag Kraft from kraftoutlet.com. I recently ordered some of their Lunch Bag, Brown Kraft, and Light Kraft and its all excellent. They've got a Mother's Day card challenge going on at their blog, the Kraft Journal, right now.


And National Scrapbooking Day is on Saturday! There is a whole lot of stuff going on at 2Peas all weekend long. I am hosting a chat along with digital designer Dianne Rigdon on Friday at 5:00 cst. If you're around please stop by.

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card...LOVE the kraft...it's a great shade!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Laura! This is adorable! I just LOVE the kraft on kraft here. Fabulous stamping, too. Really like the flowers peeking through. So glad you joined us this week at the Kraft Journal. :)

~Tammy~ said...

Great colors against the Kraft! Fun flowers you wonderful Mother's Day card! Have a good one!

terisplace said...

Love, love, love this card, Laura!

Cristina said...

Gorgeous. And a good reminder that I must use kraft more!

Alice Wertz said...

love the pops of colors. love that darker kraft, too! super card, Laura!