Tuesday, May 3, 2011

be led by your dreams




I made this for the Ways to Use It - Boys challenge on Splitcoast this week. The stamps are Technique Tuesday's A Real Boy and Urban Blueprint. These were new CHA releases over the winter, but I'm just now getting ahold of them.

I used watercolor paper and gave it some scribbles with a Faber Castell Aquarelle watercolor pencil then went over it with a wet brush. I stamped the Blueprint with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink and heat embossed the silhouette image just to be sure that none of the blueprint would show through.

This could work for a graduation card, I think.

Thanks for visiting.

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love that silhouette..nice card!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! this is super cool, Laura! love love the blue print patter in the background. fabulous work as always!

Tanis said...

VERY cool. LOVE how you combined that background with that image. Great choice of colour too :)

Melissa Sauls said...

This is a GREAT card!!! I love it for my son...thanks for the enabling! :)

Kathi said...

Fantastic card. I really love the combo of the blueprint with the silhouette.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is incredible, Laura! I love your card style.