Friday, April 1, 2011

Studio AE April Kit

Its April 1st, and time for the full reveal of Technique Tuesday's Studio AE April kit. I peeked a portion of this last week, an 8" x 8" scrapbook page featuring my sweet Willie I made using quite a few stamps from this month's kit. My favorite stamp in the set is the large solid image tag. I took some photos while I was making the tags. I know these solid images can be tricky to get even coverage without creases and lint pieces. Believe it or not I stamped these with Distress inks. This is not an April Fools joke! Distress inks are so wet and would normally be kind of blobby looking on a stamp like this but I found that if you use the foam blending tool and pounce on the inkpad, then pounce on the stamp you can get nice, even coverage thats very soft looking. Do this pouncing several times and when you see a faint coat of ink on the stamp that looks evenly distributed go ahead and stamp the image. It comes out very soft looking, and I think great for layering with other stamps and journaling. For the orange one here I used Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp document life, then colored in Life with a Copic. I used Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink for the Life tag, Scattered Straw for Time, and Peeled Paint for Remember. Here they are again all finished up. I used Clear and Simple Espresso Your Style ink to stamp the reinforcers, then punched the holes and threaded some brown bakers twine through. I cut out each tag with scissors, then used my fingernail to distress the edges and used one of the tags as a template to cut out the 3 photos. Thats about it. I'll be back with more projects using this kit over the next few days, and we're having the first ever Studio AE blog hop (with prizes!) on April 10th. Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Beautiful layout.

Cutiephinphin said...

Love the layout... and can't wait to receive April's stamp set.

~amy~ said...

seriously love this...tons.

Niki Estes said...

Laura, I just love this page! Those tags are perfect and what a cutie!

Cath said...

Love this layout, Laura! :)

Tiffany Heilman said...

I love this LO! The tags are fabulous!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the tags, congrats on the Moxie Fab shout out.

Cassie_lu said...

love the tags you created for the page.

Alice Wertz said...

thanks for sharing the technique for stamping background. fabulous layout!

CiNdYe said...

Sweet layout. Loving the possiblities with this particular stamp set.

Helen F. said...

Beautiful LO and beautiful child! Love the colors of your tags -- so sweet :o)