Saturday, April 23, 2011

I *heart* the Sleepy Fox


There is a month long cardmaking and stamping event going on at 2Peas right now. One of the challenges posted by Nichol is to try out different coloring mediums. This interested me because I've never really done a side by side comparison to see how the same image would look colored different ways.

I made a few cards using the Hero Arts Sleepy Fox and some new goodies from Jenni Bowlin's Be Our Guest collection.

The top card, you can see in the picture, I colored with a Koh-i-Noor colored pencil and did Gamsol blending. Colored pencils was the first type of coloring I tried and they've pretty much sat unused since I found Copics. But pulling them out again I see that I love the softness of the coloring.




For this card I used a Faber Castell Design Memory Craft watercolor pencil. These are new to me. I only have a few and I've only used them a few times, but I think I love them!




And I pulled out the Copics for this last one. Copics are awesome, but I'm not really very good with them. This is something I'd like to work on.

And here is the whole set.




All of the sentiments are from Hero Arts, too. "Thank You" is from Bird Greetings (retired), "hope your day is fabulous" is from Yummy Treats, and "just saying hello" is from All Occasion Messages.

If you'd like to check out the rest of the challenges going on at 2Peas for the Stamping and Cardmaking event you can check them out here.





5 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE your trio of Sleepy Fox cards...it's fun to see the different coloring mediums used on the same image!

Carly said...

These three cards are all just so adorable! Love that sleepy little fox. Too cute!

Heidi said...

Beautiful cards. What a cute fox.

Alice Wertz said...

wonderful coloring on all three coloring medium! really fun to see them side by side. wonderful work! have a happy Sunday! =)

Tiff said...

ooooh, this is so cool! Love seeing you use the different mediums to color! I love the watercolored one!