Monday, March 21, 2011

Rejection (part deux)


Amber at Damask Love is hosting another rejection blog hop. I made 3 submissions for the Paper Crafts Sept/Oct call and didn't get any picked up. But with odds at 1 in 8 thats the way it goes.

I made this one for the canvas call, using Technique Tuesday's Fleur and some fall colors. I used my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die for the canvas and the flower center is one of the flowers in the Fleur stamp set. There is a touch of Glossy Accents on the flower center which you can sort of see in the photo. For the background I used watercolor paper and painted it with Distress Mustard Seed ink, and the woodgrain is made with the Papertrey Woodgrain plate and kraft cardstock sponged with a little Distress Vintage Photo.

Oh, and the canvas is cut from a cheapie giveaway tote bag I found on the floor of our coat closet, lol!

Thanks for letting me share.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Beautiful card.

Linda said...

Rejection, Smection--That is a wonderful card!

~amy~ said...

ooohh...I love this...

Chan said...

This is a gorgeous card, Laura! I love how you painted the yellow background and how you repurposed the tote bag! ;o)

paperella said...

This is so beautiful! Love the yellow background!

Courtney K said...

love that canvas flower!

Alice Wertz said...

can't believe you have rejects, too... love the yellow background and all the textures. lovely card!

Ann said...

Ooooh, love the textures on this, & the yellow is fab!

Carolyn King said...

ohhh.... love how you used canvas. I was 0 for 3 too. :( But that is the way it works.
Love this card!