Saturday, March 5, 2011

oh my!


How could these sharks not get picked up for the Paper Crafts Sketches idea book? Too scary?

I made this for sketch #8, which was the blank card with the big sentiment across the middle. Maybe thats why it didn't get picked up, they really just wanted a blank card with a big sentiment across the middle, lol!

Its really OK. I had fun making the cards and I did get 1 submission (out of 7) picked up. The call had 2760 submissions for 288 spots - wow!

Amber at Damask Love is hosting a rejection blog hop and I think that's such a great idea. Now I'm off to give the other B-listers some love.

Supplies: Technique Tuesday Under the Sea stamps (silver embossed); SU! Basic Grey cardstock; glitter chipboard Thickers

15 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Love the sharks!!!!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

PS. You are always on the A list in my book:)

Tanis said...

AWESOME! I love that design!
I have to go and post my 2 "B-list" cards soon, lol! Love that term :)

JOAN said...

This is a great card!! LOL, it will be great for someone who needs a lift up. Thanks for your visit to my blog and your sweet comment. I am loving this blog hop!!

Jess said...

Congrats on the pub! Fun card!

Glenda J said...

Congrats on the publication! I love sharks and I love this card!

Stephanie said...

congrats on getting in! I love this shark card, so cute!

smdluxe said...

congrats on getting picked up!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card dearie!!!

Charlene Austin said...

LOL...too funny. This is the one sketch that totally stuck out to me as funny cuz of the big ole sentiment across the middle. I didn't attempt it but I was saying I can't wait to see what was selected for it.

Isn't that linky party for the "rejects" priceless? So funny. I'll have to remember to link up. You can't even see the embossed sentiment on my card in my photo so no wonder they wouldn't want it.

~amy~ said...

such a fun card..congrats on the pub sub!!!!!

Ashley Harris said...

This is so fun!! Congrats on the pub missy! YAY!!

Noelle said...

Heehee! LOVE the sharks they are too funny! :)

Chan said...

I love your shark card, Laura!! Not enough sharks in Paper Crafts, if you ask me! :o) And BIG congrats on the card that was picked up!!

Samantha Sibbet said...

very fun card!