Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Anniversary


I made this card for one of the 2Peas Winterfest challenges (now over but its hangover week if anyone still wants to play, lol!) using digi stamps from 2 Hero Arts kits, Woodgrain Pattern and Just for You.

To make the background I started with a 4" x 6" canvas in Photoshop Elements. I opened up the Woodgrain. It comes as a beige color and is easily recolored by using (from the dropdown) Enhance>Adjust Color>Adjust Hue/Saturation. 3 sliders appear (Hue, Saturation, and Lightness) from there just start sliding these around until you get the color where you want it. Since I knew I wanted to have the sentiment in black I stopped at this mid grey color and hoped it wasn't too dark. Then I pulled in the corner to shrink the woodgrain down smaller than the 4" x 6" canvas. From there I opened up the Happy Anniversary sentiment from Just for You, resized it, and layered it overtop of the woodgrain. I put a 4" x 6" piece of white Neenah cardstock in the photo tray and printed it out. I then used the Ranger foam blending tool and sponged Bundled Sage Distress ink over the whole thing. I was also able to trim the piece from 4" x 6" to 4" x 5 1/4" to make it a little smaller than A2 size. The reason I did this as a 4" x 6" is that it was my first time trying these images. Since my experiment worked the way I wanted it to I had to then go back and print out the romantic owls. I colored them with Copics, cut them out, and just drew on the legs and feet with a black marker.

Well, my step out went a little longer than I thought. If you're still with me thanks for hanging in there.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute card.

Chan said...

This is such a sweet card, Laura! :o) And that's so awesome of you to explain how you created it!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so sweet! lovely card, Laura! have a lovely weekend!

Ryann Salamon said...

This is adorable, Laura!!

~amy~ said...

woot woot...I SOOOOOOO love this!