Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Anniversary


Today is my 14th wedding anniversary! Where does the time go?
Last year at this time my husband was recovering from colon cancer surgery and 1 month into a 6 month course of chemo. That was a very dark time. But now he's got his strength back and all of his follow up scopes and scans are coming back clean. A lot can happen in a year, and we're so fortunate!
I made this simple anniversary card with a Martha Stewart punch, some washi tape, and stamps from Technique Tuesday's Loving Words and the Studio AE February kit, and my handwriting at the end. Not sure the writing is something I'll make a habit of, but you never know until you try. Right?

8 comments:

Jaclyn Miller said...

I love everything about this card Laura - the colors, your placement of elements, the tape, everything!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Oh, and Happy Anniversary! (yay for your husband too)

~amy~ said...

Yeah for your anniversary and your hubby!!!!!

Daniela said...

Happy anniversary! Adorable card!

Courtney Baker said...

Congratulations! I love this card, and so glad your husband is better. And you're right a LOT can happen in a year.

Niki Estes said...

Happy Anniversary! Great that your husband is doing better this year. I can't imagine how scary that was for you and your family. Such a great card, too, Laura!

Tiff said...

I am so happy for you and your husband! I was wondering how everything panned out with the hubby and am thrilled to hear the good news...beyond thrilled! CONGRATS to both of you! Hope your day is filled with lots of love, life, happiness!

Alice Wertz said...

love the washi tape in this. lovely card! hope you had a wonderful anniversary celebration because you should! so happy to hear that your hubby is back to health! =)