Thursday, February 10, 2011

2Peas Digital Creative Team Blog Hop

Hello, and welcome to the first ever Two Peas in a Bucket Digital CT blog hop!


I've been on this team for almost a year now enjoying 2Peas digital kits and making mostly cards and other hybrid projects. Back when MellyPea was director she spotted me on the 2Peas Stamping board answering questions about digital stamps and pointing stampers towards all of the cool digi stuff in the 2Peas store. She emailed me an invitation to join the team and I literally looked over both shoulders to see who she was talking to. And when I was the only one in the room I realized it was me!


So here is my first project.



I used 2 kits designed by Lauren Reid for this card, Super Bad and Track of My Life. This type of Valentine card will make my husband smile!


One of the things I love about using digital kits for cards is the ability to shrink the paper. This cassette paper opens up as 12" x 12", the cassettes were kind of big, and I just kept shrinking it until I got the pattern sized just where I wanted it for a card.


The paper I like best for digital printing is Epson Premium Matte Presentation Paper. Stampin' Up! Whisper White or Wausau Bright White are also pretty good. Cardstock with a little shine to the surface picks up the ink the best, I think. But for digital stamps that are outline images that I'd be coloring with Copic markers I use Neenah Solar White, which is what I use for stamping. And another tip I can share is to set your printer at Fast Normal. You don't need the kind of detail with printing these elements out as you do with printing a photo. And your ink tanks will last a lot longer.


Here's one more.




Christmas in February! I made this with a Speedy Greetings card template, which is a new release in the store this week. The patterned papers are from a few different kits - Jingle Jangle (free!), Joy, and My Sweet Valentine. And I used the 2Peas Enchanted font for the sentiment.


Please leave a comment for a chance to win a $10 gift certificate to Two Peas in a Bucket! Comments will be open until Sunday, February 13th. We'll draw two random winners from all comments on each Creative Team Members blog.


Here are the rest of the stops on the hop:


Jennifer
Joscie
Celeste
Kathy
Mary Jo
Mary
Kelly


Thanks for stopping by!



14 comments:

Christy said...

haha cute card! I would love to do more hybrid...right now I only do one or the other.

Suzanne said...

Love both your cards, I'm especially impressed you've made a start on Christmas already!

Amy Coose said...

Such cute cards! I love those birds!

tape said...

Fabulous cards! Love your hybrid approach.

Alice Wertz said...

love love your first card. super duper cute and fun! fabulous work as always, Laura!!

Deirdre said...

GORGEOUS...

Lisa Dorsey said...

Great cards!!! Love that quick Christmas tree card. So many possibilities for that one!

lizj said...

Hey that's a great tip about the print setting! Very cute projects.

yokaye said...

The tree is cute...but I am totally loving those 'bad' birds! They make me smile!

Kimberly said...

What adorable cards!

Sylvia said...

Hi Laura, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment! I have never been to your blog before. I will have to come back for a visit! Love your first card with the birdies! so cute and the christmas card is lovely as well!

Melissa said...

Love your cards and great use of digital products.

Karrie Baker said...

What great cards Laura!!

Deirdre said...

Laura, I got notification that I received a gift cert from 2peas.... just popping over to say a HUGE "Thanks"... assuming that its from the blog hop. Doing the happy dance! Thanks to all the gals.