Monday, January 3, 2011

What's Tole?


I have a few hybrid cards to share today.

The first one is from the Tole kit by Polka Dot Pixels. And I confess I have never heard of tole before. Toile yes, but not tole. So I googled it and found it to be what I've known as one stroke painting. Anyway, I love this kit! I also made my now blog banner out of it. The last one was so 2010, tee hee! For this card I used one of the papers overlayed with one of the digital die cuts. The stamps are the Hero Arts Home With Flourish (heat embossed) and a sentiment from All Occasion Messages.


And this one uses patterned paper from Lauren Reid's Cloud 9 kit and a stamp from Vol. 25 Stamping Bella. I made this for the Splitcoast Resolutions challenge. I have a lot of resolutions but this card has to do with getting back to a healthy lifestyle after the holidays. Too much rich foods and no exercise has me not feeling like myself.

Thanks for the visit.

5 comments:

Scrapthat said...

You want to google Paper Tole...I am sure you have seen it, you just didn't know the name perhaps. :) HTH

~amy~ said...

Fab cards..the first one looks scandanavian to me and well, you know that I love the owl one!!

Tiff said...

Your cards are gorgeous! You rocked the Tole technique! I love anything Vol 25!

terisplace said...

Fantastic cards, Laura! I always love seeing what you have been up to.

Alice Wertz said...

love your new banner and the tole kit is beautiful! i adore your owl card, too cute!